Wed, Sep 20|
Extra Mile Tools
Midweek drive ending with lunch.
Time & Location
Sep 20, 10:00 AM – Sep 21, 3:00 PM
Extra Mile Tools, 243 E Stowers Rd, Dawsonville, GA 30534, USA
About the event
This is a Peachtree MG Registry event. GTA members participation is welcomed. Please be sure to let Tom Nadelhoffer know if you are going to join the tour.Time & Location
Sep 20, 10:00 AM
Extra Mile Tools,
243 E Stowers Rd, Dawsonville, GA 30534
About the event:
This is a Peachtree MG Registry event. GTA member participation is welcomed. Please be sure to let Tom Nadelhoffer know if you are going to join the ORF.
1. We will NOT be starting at the Dawsonville IHOP. If you choose to stop at the IHOP for breakfast, please make sure you're at the departure point on time!!!!
2. The ORF will start at the Extra Mile Tools store (extramiletools.com) 243 E Stowers Rd, Dawsonville, Ga 30534, which just happens to be 4 miles north of the IHOP. Just continue on GA 400 and turn right on GA 136, then immediately make the first right onto E Stowers Rd then another immediate right into the store parking lot.
Note: The East-Siders can meet up with us at XARIS Cafe, if that works better for you ... just let me know!!!
It is a unique hardware type store with loads and loads of refurbished name brand hand tools and associated equipment.
3. They do not serve breakfast but have public restrooms. There is not a gas station close, so fill up somewhere on GA 400 before departure time. We will allow for 20-30 minutes of browse time before we depart for the ORF (see schedule below).
4. The ORF will take us on backroads for approximately 45 miles through Murrayville, Clermont, Lula, and Gillsville before arriving at Maysville.
5. Our lunch destination in Maysville is Xaris Cafe, 8761 Maysville Rd, Maysville, Ga 30558. Check the lunch menu (XarisCafe.com). We'll see if anyone is up to ordering the challenge!!!!!!
6. From Xaris we'll make a short drive to Bentley's Antique Auto Service (mymodela.com) to see how they properly restore and maintain Ford Model A's.
7. From Bentley's we'll head to Jaemor Farms for a fried peach pie with peach ice cream!!! Well.. ..... that's what I'll be ordering!!! The "health nuts" can shop for vegetables and fruits!!!!
8. From Jaemor's its homeward bound!!! Follow me or take your own route!!!!
10:00-10:30 - Browsing at Extra Mile Tools
10:30-11 :30 - Drive to Xaris Cafe, Mayesville, Ga
11:30 -13:00 - Lunch at Xaris
13:00-13:45 - Drive to Bentley's Antique Auto Service
13:45-14:15 - Drive to Jaemor Farms
14:15-15:00 - Pie alamode
15:00 - Head home! Follow me or on your own!!!!
Please contact me if you plan to attend, so we can provide the vendors with a headcount!!!
Contact Tom Nadelhoffer no later than Monday Sept 18,
770-887-8877 (home) 404-402-3004 (cell)